Monday, February 15, 2010

Vegan Soul Kitchen Author Bryant Terry in St. Louis


Bryant Terry, eco chef and author of Vegan Soul Kitchen and Grub, will appear at Washington University March 1st and 2nd! This will be a great opportunity for St. Louis to learn how delicious vegan food is. See details for both events below. The theme of the cooking competition is vegan tempeh recipes. Chefs all over St. Louis are googling "tempeh" like mad. Until then, you can try one of his recipes such as a batch of Cumin-Cayenne Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions.

Danforth University Center
Washington University, St. Louis

Monday, March 1st:
5pm- booksales begin
6pm- "Redefining Soul Food"- live cooking demo, presentation, and tasting with Bryant
7pm- booksigning with Bryant

Tuesday, March 2nd:
6pm- 1st Annual North vs South Champion Chef Competition
Theme: Vegan Tempeh Recipes
Featuring Washington University Dining Services Chefs and Student Sous Chefs
Bryant Terry and Catherine Neville, Editor-in-Chief, Sauce Magazine (now you're talking, Sauce!) and a panel of judges
live emcee
featured recipes sampled to audience

8 comments:

  1. Say What!??? OMG--I HAVE to meet him! Thanks for sharing! I have his cookbook--this is such a great pick-me-up as I sit here waiting to go home from the hospital! All the St. Louis vegans--I know--will give him a big welcome. I should be mended enough to try to make it! Are you going? I hope I can make it!
    Thanks so much for sharing--gosh I miss my vegan cooking, I can't wait to cook again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bryant Terry! I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times and interviewing him for the newspaper I write for. He's a hometown boy (Memphis reprsent!) who moved to New York and then California later on. Love his stuff! I need to make some more recipes from VSK very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I bet lots of those chefs have never heard the word tempeh before. They're in for a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like fun, Lisa! I'm going to try and attend this event. And to think that I have never cooked with tempeh (and can't remember having tasted it either).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! That's so close, too. Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband brought me a flier from Wash U yesterday and I was so excited to find out about Terry coming to town! I definitely need to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool he's doing a tempeh competition - wish I could see that. I've made that cumin-cayenne mashed potatoes before, it's great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear everyone is so excited about Bryant coming! I work with Bon Appetit Management Company and Wash U Dining Services and we are hosting the 2 days of events. Please let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you all there on March 1st and 2nd!
    Jill
    jill.duncan@cafebonappetit.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails