Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tempeh Sloppy Joes, Creamy Miso Ginger Dressing, and Ruby


Busy summer days mean cooking previously-tried recipes that I know will be quick and easy, but unfortunately that also means less to blog! I made Caribbean Pumpkin Soup again on a recent visit to SC. We also took along Follow Your Heart Organic Creamy Miso Ginger dressing.


I usually prefer to make my own dressing, but the convenience of store bought was appealing to have along on a trip. I'm hard to please when it comes to store bought dressings, but I would definitely buy this one again! It is creamy and a little sweet, and tastes delicious on salad or as a dip for vegan chicken pieces. Above you see it on a simple salad of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, and broccolini.

The salad is alongside one of the few new recipes I've tried recently, Tempeh Sloppy Joes from The Vegan Table. I find myself drawn to try practically every new sloppy joe recipe I see, and this one will go into my regular rotation. I seasoned it liberally with chili powder and the sauce turned out to be very flavorful even though the ingredient list was pretty short. You can find a variety of recipes from the book here and here and here.

And finally, one reason I'm keeping busy this summer is pictured below. We adopted Ruby from the Humane Society of Missouri!

I think she's saying "are you my new people?" in this one.



And here she's decided that getting adopted makes for a tired girl.

13 comments:

  1. congratulations on your beautiful new family member!!! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade dressing is so good but the convenience is sometime hard to pass up. Those sloppy joes look awesome~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby is such a sweet name for a cute dog!

    And I have been craving to make sloppy joes - yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful addition to your family! Lucky you and lucky Ruby!

    That dressing sounds awesome, and I always love sloppy joes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I love miso dressing! Anything with miso is heaven for me..

    Your new doggie is sooo cute! And she has a very cool song named after her by the Kaiser Chiefs- check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ruby!

    Those tempeh sloppy joes sound amazing! I've recently discovered my love for tempeh and I might try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Ruby! I'll take a Tempeh Sloppy Joe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, sloppy joes! Congratulations on your new family member! Ruby is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks great - love tempeh sloppy joes - but thanks for sharing why you've been busy - Ruby is a darling!

    Congratulations on adopting her - she's adorable! Few things make me happier than seeing a dog finding a good new home, so good for you! She's a lucky one, and I'm sure you know that shelter dogs are the best dogs, but I'm a little biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ruby is gorgeous!!

    the sloppy joes look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You named your dog after me??! Aww, how flattering!

    Haha, just kidding. I know...Ruby is just an awesome name.

    That ginger miso dressing looks incredible...ginger and miso are so comforting together. I am obsessed with vegan sloppy joes too...the V-con recipe is my go-to, but I love tempeh so this version is quite tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new doggie :) She's just adorable!

    I have the Vegan Table, and I like the tempeh sloppy joes too! I'm not usually a huge tempeh fan, but that recipe did it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails