Sunday, July 26, 2009

Karina's Jalapeño and Lime Hummus

I recently came across this Jalapeño and Lime Hummus recipe while looking around Karina's Kitchen blog. As many of you know, Karina's blog is beautifully photographed with many vegan recipes to explore. This hummus turned out to be delicious. My only change was to substitute pinto beans for the chickpeas, just because we were out. While I've used tahini in many bean dips, I've never used peanut butter, so I'm glad I tried Karina's recipe to find out how well it works! And don't skimp on the lime juice. It lends a strong citrus flavor that is just right.

Before wrapping up, I want to share this fun video of "Pit Bull Blues" by John Shipe. If you've been thinking of adopting a pit or pit mix, check out the HSMO where you are sure to find one you can't resist.



By the way, I almost forgot to give a "pine mouth" update! Thank you for the sympathetic comments. The metal taste lasted about 5 days, and now I'm ready to try another pine nut recipe, with a new batch of nuts, of course.

11 comments:

  1. Glad you like the hummus recipe. I love lime in hummus. And spicy jalapenos. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that sounds amazing!

    I'd never heard about that pine nut mouth thing before, but now I'm hearing about it all the time from different people. So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your taste is back. Hopefully you won't experience the problem again with the new batch of pine nuts.

    I love the sound of this. For some reason, I just never imagined garbanzo beans being good in Mexican food, which is really silly, but I like the idea of using pinto beans. I'm going to have to check out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe the pine mouth lasted so long - but i'm glad it's over now, Lisa. i love Karina's blog - and i'm gonna have to make her hummus - the combination sounds most excellent! dan and i are at the beach this week - and i wanted to let 'cha know that we're enjoying your black bean hummus today for lunch - mmmmmmmmmmmmm! thanks for making our vacation all that more delicious! i've gotta say that pit mixes = the best! julie (our pooch) is a pit mix and we love her the most! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an interesting take on hummus, especially with the jalapeno. Good to hear your taste is back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad the pine mouth has finally passed! and i'm excited to try the lime and jalapeno hummus. i bet it would be great with some tortilla chips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back to normal :)

    The hummus looks pretty tasty, I love trying different kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, hummus! We have a jalapeno cilantro hummus we adore. I love that video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a fantastic flavour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love hummus! I'm just now learning about all of the different ingredients that can be used in it. Sorry to hear about the pine mouth thing, so glad it went away and you're ready to jump back in with the pine nuts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link to Karina's blog. It is awesome! I'll have to try that hummus.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails