Monday, June 8, 2009

Panang Tofu Curry


Sunday's supper was one of our favorite meals, coconut curry with tofu and vegetables. No one likes to see the weekend wind down, but a special meal on Sunday night extends the fun for a little longer. We like to try various takes on the curry concept, and this version of Panang Tofu Curry is delicious. The beautiful color comes from turmeric, and peanut butter combines with light coconut milk for a thick broth. I made a few substitutions (onions for shallots, green beans for carrots, and green pepper for red pepper). Serve over jasmine rice with Sriracha sauce.

For another colorful recipe, local readers can pick up the current Sauce magazine to check out my article, "Color Yourself on Vacation", including a recipe for Costa Rican-style Arroz sin Pollo. This issue of Sauce has all kind of vegan goodness, also raving about the vegan chocolate chip cookies at Local Harvest Cafe and spot-lighting Patrice Mari, owner of the vegan-friendly Shangri-La Diner.

And finally, you might have noticed the blog's new header, created by my friend Anne Mitchell. Having a friend who is also a talented artist is pretty cool. She even included Scout in the drawing. I love the result. Thank you Anne!

12 comments:

  1. That new header is beautiful! I had to go back and look for the dog and then noticed the fork too! Cute! And I love me some coconut curry tofu. Congrats on the Sauces article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the article - and LOVE the new header ....and always love your food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, panang curry... one of my faves but I've never tried making it myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your article! The curry sounds just wonderful. I've also been trying out many coconut-milk based curries and can't wait to try this one. And your header is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your panang tofu curry look amazing and it sounds heavenly! we love ending the weekend with a rock’n sunday night meal as well – always makes us happyfaced! totally going to have to make something like this! mmmmmm! i love the new look, too! it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. making curries is my favorite thing ever! i don't really know the difference between them though, and i really only do red curry bc that's all i usually have. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rice recipe in the magazine looks so great! I love regional magazines, so thanks for linking to Sauce.

    My son will go crazy over your tofu curry. We love all things peanutty and coconutty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday evening meals are always fun, when you usually have the time to make something special.

    The curry looks great - peanut butter and coconut milk are delicious together. I love the new header by the way - your friend did great work!

    Very cool to have the recipe in Sauce magazine - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to pick up that issue of Sauce. I haven't read it in awhile, but this one seems like necessary reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you - special Sunday Dinners do indeed help us ease into the Monday-ickes! I've made a mental note to go out & get some peanut butter - this sounds so yummy.
    And I LOVE the header - it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails