Thursday, June 11, 2009

Of Animals: Photographs by Frank Noelker

This photo is not by Frank Noelker. It's a shot of Scoutster checking out the sprinkler in our backyard (see it hiding behind the pot?) because I can't give you a post without a photo. And because I think our delight and compassion for our beloved dogs and cats should extend to other animals, the subject of this quick post.

An interesting Riverfront Times review alerted me to a photography exhibit that locals might like to check out - Of Animals: Photographs by Frank Noelker at the Sheldon Art Gallery. Photographs include images of animals housed in zoos across the world and the "noble faces" of chimpanzees retired from research, the entertainment industry, and the pet trade. The chimps now reside in sanctuaries. The exhibit should be moving, thought provoking, and inspiring. There is an opening reception Friday June 12th and a free gallery talk by the artist Saturday June 13th, details here.

Hug your animal buddy (or consider adopting one if you don't have one) and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I think that would be worth checking out, although Zoo's can be just as depressing as any other animal institution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I wish I could check out that exhibit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll let us know how the exhibit is should you go.

    Scot is one cute and lucky pup.

    I'll definitely hug the kitties, though I'm not sure how much they appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails