Friday, May 15, 2009

Swell Vegan's Lentil Bolognese

You might have visited the Swell Vegan blog, one of my favorites for gorgeous food photography. When the swell cookzine was published, I knew I had to purchase a copy! This recipe for Lentil Bolognese alone is worth the purchase. A chunky lentil and tomato sauce with a few ingredients that smell divine. We ate the sauce over whole wheat penne one night, and over toasted buns another. We also loved the Coconut Red Bean Quinoa, which is included in the cookzine as well as here. Everything in the zine sounds so delicious, the only dilemma is which recipe to try next.

Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't "Swell" fantastic? I've made both coconut quinoa variations multiple times, and the molé cauliflower, and the tahini stew...but I haven't made this yet. So far everything I've made has been a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - i wonder how it'd be over quinoa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! We're totally in sync. I just blogged about the coconut red bean quinoa in my last post! And this dish is next on my list. I have a ton of lentils in my pantry that need usin'. The Lemon Zucchini Bread is also on my waiting list (I'm holding out for in-season local zucchini).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an outrageously healthy meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally forgot about her cookzine, Lisa – i can’t believe it! the lentil bolognese has me sold! you better believe i’ll be purchasing my copy this weekend – i can’t wait! hope you have a wonderful weekend, too! wahoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should eat more lentils -- I love them, but forget about them!

    Your pasta looks fantastic! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing - I love using lentils in pasta sauces, they work together so well. I meant to order a copy of the swell zine a little while back, but forgot about it - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't wait to get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks sooo good!

    And thanks for reminding me to pick up a copy of that cookzine - just what I need, more excuses to spend time in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you liked it... your picture is mouthwatering! Thanks for the nod ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the use of lentils. This i'll have to try especially with a growing boy on my hands.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails