Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ricky!

Happy May everyone! Today I'm taking a break from vegan food to share a special doggie post. Y'all know by now that I'm a dog lover. There's Scout, of course, plus I get to have fun with all sorts of other dogs by volunteering at the Humane Society of Missouri. Remember Rosetta and Spanky? They both found families after spending some time at the shelter.

One of our volunteers wrote a special poster about Ricky, who is at the Macklind location of the Humane Society of Missouri. Here's some info about our boy:

My name is Ricky and I am a gorgeous black Labrador Retriever/Pit mix. I have been waiting patiently at the shelter for a long time and I would love to find my forever home. I am a little over 1 year old so I still have some puppy energy, but I am also a good listener and I like to please people. I love to go for walks, and I love to sit with someone and cuddle and give kisses. I’m very sweet and I love everyone, but because of my size and energy level, it would be better for me to go home with older children. I sit on command and could learn a lot more. I much prefer to potty outside rather than mess up my kennel. Ask the volunteers how great I am! Please give me a chance. I just want someone to love me! If you are looking for a new best friend or a great family dog, come and meet me at the HSMO-Macklind. I would love nothing more than to finally go home!!!

I'll add that Ricky is a really smart guy too, and full of personality. During our Shelter Dog Training class, Ricky figured out which one of us had the tastiest treats. He'd do what any one of us asked, but he'd then look to the person with the tastiest treats because he wanted his reward from her! So adorable; he had all of us cracking up. If you know of someone who is interested in adopting and think that Ricky might be a good fit, encourage them to come visit Ricky at the Humane Society of Missouri on Macklind. He is located in the Female Wing (I know, ignore the gender part, the dogs are assigned to both wings regardless) and his identification number is A453865. Check out the directions and business hours for the Macklind location here.

Thanks for spreading the word about Ricky, an athletic, smart, funny, great-looking boy.

13 comments:

  1. my husband would kill me if i take in another dog. but he is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww, Ricky is such an adorable little man – and he looks so happy & eager to please! i will keep my fingers crossed that he gets an amazing home – and i’ll be sure to spread the word about him, too! thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little boy!!! I love lab mixes. That's my Datsun is...and he does have the world's best personality. So I'd imagine that Ricky is tons of fun. I hope he finds a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could adopt Ricky!! If only my landlord allowed dogs! My kitty came from the Macklind Humane Society and I'd adopt from there again in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie! That's hilarious about the "tastiest treats" -- a smart guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhhh! He is so sweet! I wish I could help! He deserves a real home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet dog - good luck to him, and hope he finds a good family - he sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to love about Ricky! I'm sure he'll find a wonderful family who smothers him with love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricky is adorable! Hahaha, I can imagine him running around my little apartment, sniffin' around already. :) Too bad dogs are totally not allowed in my building, and too bad I'm not responsible enough yet to care for someone besides myself... I hope Ricky finds a great home!

    Oh, and the buckwheat pancakes from my blog post are from Black Bear Bakery on Cherokee St. I figured anyone who knows I'm from STL would ask, but otherwise I don't broadcast my location. But the cafe part is open Friday through Sunday, 9am to 2pm. Have you been there? The pancakes are great! You just have to tell them you're vegan and ask for no butter on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this post AND how you have the mini version in your sidebar. How did you do that? I'd like to do the same thing on mine. Please share. :o)

    Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the great comments everyone!
    Jessy, thanks so much for speading the word on Ricky! That's so sweet.

    Jess, that's very cool that your cat is a shelter cat!

    Ruby Red, no I haven't been there yet! Thanks for the info. I love hearing about new vegan options here.

    Golden Child, I visited your blog and put the instructions in a comment!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails