Sunday, May 3, 2009

Green Curry Tofu Scramble

I need to be too busy to make breakfast more often, because this was the result on Saturday. MD took matters into his own hands to create this Green Curry Tofu Scramble, inspired by a dish he had at Mokabe's brunch. This scramble is seasoned with green curry paste and coconut milk, and mixed with carrots, red bell pepper, and baby spinach for a veggie-filled start to the day. It tastes amazing, and is a nice change of pace from our typical Mexican-spiced scramble. The recipe below is our best guess at MD's creation. Hmm...I wonder what would happen if I'm "too busy" to make dinner tonight?

Green Curry Tofu Scramble
Serves 2-3

14 ounces extra firm tofu, pressed
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 carrot, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 can (about 6 ounces) coconut milk
1 heaping Tablespoon vegan green curry paste
several dashes of tamari
salt to taste
5 ounces baby spinach
chopped cilantro and Sriracha chili sauce, to taste

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the carrot and bell pepper until soft, about 10 minutes. Add half of the coconut milk and the green curry paste. Heat until the curry paste is dissolved. Add remaining coconut milk, tamari, and salt. Crumble the tofu into the skillet. Simmer for about 14 minutes. Add the baby spinach and stir until it wilts. Top each serving with cilantro and Sriracha sauce.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you
    I live on the tofu scramble ala Mexican - cilantro and cuman...this will be a fun change of pace (this morning I had leftover sweet and sour stirfry) need a change !

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's too awesome that your spouse made breakfast this morning - and his green curry tofu scramble sounds most glorious! mmmmmm! coconut milk 'n curry in the morning is a great way to start the day, fo 'sho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious - love the curry and cilantro to tofu scramble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast curry is the best curry! Truly inspired dish, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous...my husband can't cooked for me in awhile! It sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, sorry...I meant to say he "hasn't cooked for me in awhile".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I would have never thought to try green curry in a tofu scramble. Have you been "too busy" to make dinner yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delightful! Why doesn't Monsieur Fish make me delicious curry scrambles like this? Maybe I need to send him the link...you know...as a hint...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tofu scramble looks amazing! I would never think to put curry in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really imaginative idea for Tofu Scramble! I will have to find that Green Curry Paste.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails