Monday, December 29, 2008

Pumpkin Sage Balls

Looking for an appetizer for New Year's Eve? Check out this Vegetarian Times recipe for Pumpkin Sage Balls. The flavors are seasonal and the crispy fried sage leaves add a special touch. The balls are meant to be dipped in a little hot sauce. They remained quite soft after baking, but were so tasty we gobbled them right up anyway. Next time I'll reduce the oil, which might help them firm up a bit. It might also help to turn the balls during baking and increase the time in the oven. Regardless, they are a pretty color and delicious too.

11 comments:

  1. I love your new "Could I Be Any Cuter?" section!

    The pumpkin balls look so delicious that I would probably eat them all and then be too full for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're so cute & delicious looking! totally going to have to try them out! i looooove pumpkin & sage - such a tasty combination, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your simple, beautiful presentation. And you had me at the "serve them with hot sauce" part. :-) No really though, I am going to check this recipe out, I still have a couple of pumpkins lurking in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so darn good. "balls" are such a good appetizer. i didn't know what else to call them. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just HAPPEN to have lots of pumpkin left over from my pumpkin bread pudding. . . yay! These look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always expect pumpkin in sweet recipes, so these savory pumpkin balls with hot sauce sound delicious - they look great too! By the way, I'm totally jealous of your Christmas meal - fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look and sound seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look delicious! I love pumpkin and sage together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks awesome! Love how you plated everything, it looks soo good! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails