Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jessy's Tofu 'n Broccoli with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Adopt-a-thon


When I saw Jessy's recipe for Tofu 'n Broccoli with Spicy Peanut Sauce, I knew I had to give it a try. All the recipes on her blog happyveganface look so good, but this one with tofu particularly caught my eye because I'm still learning various ways to cook it. This time she coated tofu cubes in a little cornstarch and pan fried them in peanut oil. I made a few changes to incorporate some ingredients I needed to use up, such as some added mushrooms and light coconut milk. We loved Jessy's recipe! It was gone in no time and totally dee-licious.


If you're local to St. Louis, spread the word that the Humane Society of Missouri is having an Adopt-a-thon this Saturday, 12/13/08. I'll be there bright and early to walk the dogs so they're ready to meet their potential new families! If you've been thinking of adding a dog or cat to your family, and who hasn't, stop by one of the adoption locations and I'm sure you'll find a new companion full of personality and affection. You can even get a preview by exploring photos of adoptable pets here. Whatever your weekend holds in store, have a great one and I'll see you back here Monday!

Home for the Howlidays image from Humane Society of Missouri

10 comments:

  1. that looks SO good! :) what a creative recipe!

    and that adoptathon really sounds... so sweet. i think i'd probably come home with 10 pets. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessy's recipes rock don't they?

    Good luck at the Adoptathon too! I hope a lot of critters fine their forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray, Lisa! makes us most happyfaced that you enjoyed our recipe! wahoooooo! coconut milk & mushrooms both sound like fantastical additions! we'll have to try that next time! yummmmmm!

    that's just too awesome on the Adopt-a-thon! very cool that you're helping them out. i used to work for the Richmond SPCA - i know it's hard working to get pets adopted - so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for all those pets this weekend! that's really neat that they offer pets & ranch pets, too! i love it! please let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coating with cornstarch is one of my favorite ways to cook tofu. Its a method I've only tried a few times, but really ought to use more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...tofu fried with cornstarch....I try not to eat it too often but I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I hope lots of doggies get adopted this morning! You are so generous to donate your time. As for the recipe you showcased in this post, it does sound awesome because I looove cornstarch tofu and I adooore peanut sauce!

    I heard about the OR opening in Central West End, too. I am really excited about it because it is so close to me that I could go like 5 times a week. I talked to one of the workers on the phone and they are hoping to open in by the 3rd week of December (that's coming up soon!) or as soon as they can after that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessy's broc & sauce is so on my list of things to make! We want to get an animal so badly...but I don't think I can adopt a little animal without a French passport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about that peanut sauce recipe looks delicious. I hope the Humane Society project went well! Hopefully some happy dogs and cats found new homes for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't get much better than crispy pan fried tofu!

    We have been adopted by a cat actually, she's been staying here more and more lately to the point where she's practically moved in for good!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails