Wednesday, October 15, 2008

VeganMoFo: An Interlude for a Meme



A little break from cooking for a meme! Lindsay of Cooking for a Vegan Lover tagged me for the "What's in your vegan freezer?" meme. This involves posting a photo of your freezer contents, listing them, and tagging more vegan bloggers.

Before revealing the inside of my freezer, I want to share the newspaper clipping I keep on the outside.



Yes, it says "Advice for a Happy Marriage: Listen to your wife, do as she says." I didn't make this up. It's hard science.

Now for the inside.



We have: seitan, tempeh, tempeh bacon, soyrizo, vegan ravioli, vegan meatballs, Boca vegan burgers and crumbles, pie crust, puff pastry, butternut squash, chili mole, bread crumbs, dog treats, corn, peas, and habaneros. You caught me right after I stocked up on meatballs for our upcoming Halloween party! Those were SO popular last year that I've increased the amount for this year.

So that's the story of my freezer. If you would like to play along as well, consider yourself tagged. And the photo at the top is from my visit to the very cool Niki exhibit this summer at the Missouri Botanical Garden. I had to put something pretty at the top, certainly not my freezer!

9 comments:

  1. my husband would love all those things in your freezer haha can't go wrong with tempeh bacon i wish i had a stock like that. acutally we started making our own and it's just as good and cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your freezer looks a lot like mine! funny, as i am writing this i am actually eating some of those meat balls for breakfast! just got like 3 boxes from whole foods and have been eating them nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a tempeh/fakin bacon addict. we always have it in our freezer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of everything that's in your freezer! Care to send some of that my way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray for a fun meme! i love see'n what other kinds of yummies people have at home! yay! and i love that article! ahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool picture Lisa! Wanna swap freezers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to show the paper to my husband. although he's pretty good at following my orders as it is. I mean, my tips. yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The freezer posts are cracking me up! I have an 8lb block of tofu in mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a copy of that newspaper article! I've been saying for years that if Ray would just listen to me and do what I say, our marriage would be even better! Why don't they listen???

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails