Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kalamata Olive Tofu Spread





This recipe started with a loaf of bread. I had a locally baked loaf of rosemary olive bread, and wanted a tofu spread as a base for making fresh vegetable sandwiches. After making the spread, I liked it so much that I thought it would be delicious as part of an appetizer platter as well. You see it here stuffed in cherry tomatoes and waiting to be scooped up with bread slices. The kalamata olive flavor is pronounced but not overpowering, and there's a hint of garlic, of course.


Kalamata Olive Tofu Spread

1 12.3 ounce package organic firm silken tofu
1 large clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon tahini
1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half

Combine all in a food processor. Serve as a sandwich spread or dip.

15 comments:

  1. OMG that looks like something you would find at a fancy, high-end vegan restaurant! I love the little stuffed tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always the bread's fault! but in a good way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing... olives, tahini, garlic... However, I will wait till I get Mori-Nu silken tofu again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks/sounds so yummy I will have to make it sometime!

    Happy Mofoing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your first sentence!
    Too sad I haven't got any olives, otherwise I would have made this now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that looks YUM!
    And Rosemary Olive Bread too!
    *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm, kalamata olives...now thats my kinda spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY! tofu + olives + tahini + garlic!?! how can i not looooooove this! wow!

    thanks, Lisa! i'm printing off your recipe right now! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Added to the to make list. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! I'll save this recipe for my next Meditteranean mood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! VeganMoFo'ers are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! silken tofu just does everything, doesn't it?! welcome to veganmofo! i am trying it too :) yay!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails