Friday, September 5, 2008

Whiskey Fudge



Vegan dessert can be a perplexing concept for non-vegans. This discussion came up just the other night with a group of friends. While I've shared vegan hot artichoke dip and raw corn and cashew chowder with them, I've been remiss about exposing them to vegan desserts.

This gave me the perfect excuse to make a batch of Celine's Whiskey Fudge. Purely to help out my non-vegan friends the next time they need a recipe, really.

The ingredients are easy to find at your standard grocery store and it's so simple even I could make it. My version has pecans. I imagine most any nut will do. And it's got chocolate and whiskey. What's not to love? So don't be bewildered, make whiskey fudge the next time you want dessert. And check out Celine's witty and beautifully photographed have cake, will travel! blog for plenty more where that came from.

7 comments:

  1. No one can pass up the combination of whiskey and chocolate, vegan or not. It looks like these turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladies at Innocent Primate Vegan Blog posted the other day about ice cream with vodka in it and now you have fudge with whiskey! Put these two together and it will be quite a weekend! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, thank you for directing me to this recipe. Yours looks uber decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Celine, I love fudge, and I love booze...I love mixing cocktails & dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flax egg tends to firm up after sitting for a few minutes. At first it looks like nothing but a mess, but after a few minutes it starts getting gooey and egg-like. I use Bob's Red Mill ground flax meal, I don't know if that makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that looks awesome! I can't remember the last time I had fudge. Thanks for reminding me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *drool* I don't think I've ever seen a vegan fudge recipe before! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails