Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sloppy Joes, New Farm style


Sloppy Joes are kind of like margaritas. No, I don't put tequila in my sloppy joes, although that is a thought. With both margs and sloppy joes, I'm always up for trying a new recipe. I've mentioned how much we love VCON's Snobby Joes, a delicious version with lentils and a little maple syrup. Another favorite is this recipe from the New Farm cookbook. It comes together quickly, using TVP and the typical sloppy joe ingredients. Great in a sandwich, or eaten right out of a bowl with Fritos Scoops.

I've slowed down a little on my recipes recently. There's been orientation for dog walking at the Humane Society, Naomi Wolf's talk on our closing society , work, plus getting ready for the Shaw Art Fair. However, I'll be back nearly every day in October for VeganMoFo, starting October 1st! See you then.

14 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I've never had sloppy joe's and now you made me crave them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that looks so good right now! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate... so to speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I have so much love for the New Farm cookbook. I haven't had their sloppy joes though. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture just gave me an intense sloppy joe craving! good thing i just bought some more TVP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try sloppy joes. They look just TOO tasty to ignore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. craving sloppy joes now T_T thanks. haha =D

    looking forward to vegan mofo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's an analogy!!! Love it.
    The final product looks amazing and I am going to take a look for that cookbook. Thanks Lisa!

    What are you doing at the Shaw Art Fair? And thanks for the info about Naomi Wolf's new talk/writing. I haven't looked her up in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm... eating sloppy joes while drinking a margarita could be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! these look awesome, Lisa! how come i always forget about sloppy joes? i'm going to have to break open my NFVC and make these soon. sloppy joes in the fall sound awesome - and yours look especially gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks!

    i'm really digging the photography on your site too

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, if you put tequila in your sloppy joe's, you know I'd eat it!

    I have the New Farm cookbook and I've seen this recipe and considered making it. I'm always a fan of TVP joes. But then again, I still haven't tried the Snobby Joes! Can you believe that? I'm a bad vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious! I haven't had sloppy joes for awhile. I remember that ones from grade school, they only had the bun on the bottom, no tops. :D

    Right out of the bowl with Fritos sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!
    Vegan Cowgirl, we're getting ready to host a couple of get togethers, volunteer at the fair, etc. Since the art fair actually happens on our street, it's always a busy weekend for us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New Farm is one of my favorite cook books ever! I love that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails