Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympic Cocktail


Some people love the Olympics for the competition, the drama, or the hot bodies visual spectacle. Me? I'm here for the cocktail. The Olympics just got way more interesting when I noticed that a cocktail exists by the same name. The recipe is easy enough to find on the 'net, but I wasn't able to find any history on its origin. The drink calls for brandy, triple sec, and oj. I had apricot brandy on hand instead of regular brandy, so that's what I used.

How'd it turn out? This is no medal winner in my book. I give it a score of 2 on a scale of 1-10. The drink was too sweet for my taste, which might be unfair since I used apricot brandy but I don't think I'd like it either way. However, if you like a sweet drink and brandy, and love a cocktail in theme like I do, the recipe is below!

Olympic Cocktail
Serves 1

3/4 ounce brandy
3/4 ounce orange juice
3/4 ounce triple sec

Shake over ice in cocktail shaker and serve in an up glass.

11 comments:

  1. visual spectacle and alcohol? sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to visual spectacle! Fun theme drink!

    In regards to your question about Mabel (my dog) and Graham (my new foster bunny) getting along... Yes & no. Yes in the sense that they don't fight or anything, but no in that Mabel just ignores Graham & pretends he doesn't exist. :) She's sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a drinker so I'm here for the snacks. We must be on the same brain wave, I just posted about Olympics snack. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that this year I am a little hesitant about all things olympic...but a cocktail sounds good no matter what the occasion.

    I discovered mojitos this year....wow, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how to do the Olympics up right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Michael Phelps is such a hottie! Um, I mean, a visual spectacle! And though I don't care for brandy, I think the Olympics would be even better with a drink in hand.

    They should start a Drunk Olympics! That would be crazy! And hilarious! Only you'd have to leave out the sports that could cause serious injury to a drunk person...like the balance beam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Liz, if there's alcohol and visual spectacle... wait for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Bianca...can we make some kind of drinking event? Or maybe a drink tasting event?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz, your post on the Olympics was quite entertaining.

    Jess, so funny! My Scout would not behave as nicely with a bunny around.

    Chow Vegan, I'm stopping by soon to see what you've got posted!

    Vegan Cowgirl, mojitos are so tropical tasting! Good times for sure.

    Jennycestcake, I can find any excuse for a cocktail!

    Bianca, you're onto something! I was just reading an article in the Wall Street Journal about marathon runners imbibing during the race in the past!

    Alice, what's not to love?

    Shellyfish, I love the idea of Cocktail Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that's how sporting events are meant to be enjoyed!

    well played!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all about the phelps. A cocktail and watching phelps, thats my kind of olympics!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails