Saturday, July 12, 2008

Spicy Red Pepper Dip with Cumin Pita Chips


Here's what we're munching on while deciding what to do tonight. As you can see from my Sriracha garnish, we like it hot. Adjust to your liking!

Spicy Red Pepper Dip
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 cloves roasted garlic (see pan roasting directions)
approximately 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1 teaspoon Thai chili garlic paste
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Sriracha sauce to garnish

After pan roasting your garlic, combine all ingredients except Sriracha sauce in a food processor and pulse until blended into a smooth dip. Garnish with Sriracha.


Cumin Pita Chips
adapted from Cooking Light

6 pita pockets
extra virgin olive oil in a mister
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
ground cumin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut each pita into 8 triangles. Mist a baking sheet with olive oil and put triangles in a single layer on the sheet. Spritz the pita pieces with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and ground cumin. Bake about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, that sounds delicious! I'll have to make that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding pita to my shopping list for tomorrow and going to absolutely make this dip. Lovely to look at as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of food I would love to eat on a Saturday with a cold beer :). You put me in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cheryl!

    Nikki, thanks. This could really add a shot of color to a party spread.

    Alice, now you're talking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I would get along just fine in the kitchen. I smiled when I saw your sriracha topping, I would have done that too.

    I bet this would go great with some iced tea or limeade, or a beer like Alice said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dip looks so tasty! too funny on the sriracha, dan loves the stuff - it's a little too hot for me! i'll have to try this recipe out, too!

    (oh, we're making your black bean hummus later on this week. i can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the Sriracha! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to make this dip! I'm embarrassed to say that I've never heard of sriracha, but I'll have to look into it because I want to see how hot it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, iced tea would be a delicious addition!

    Jessy, so funny! I had my eye on your orzo with corn and spinach. Such great colors!

    Hi Destiny! We put Sriracha on practically everything too.

    Jennycestcake, if you like spicy, you'll probably be addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, spicy alternative to hummus. It looks amazing with the cumin pita chips and given my love for Sriracha, I'd drizzle it all over the top too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious! Perfect snackytime food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rural Vegan, I think with the brilliant color, I might re-visit this dip for our annual Halloween party!

    Erin, this is a good snack food when you don't want heavy, and you get a dose of red pepper too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails