Saturday, June 28, 2008

Corn Chowder, Vegan with a Vengeance Style


Vegan with a Vengeance was my first vegan cookbook. I don't think I even planned to go vegan when I bought it. I was focused on decreasing the cheese in my vegetarian diet for health reasons, and the punk attitude of the book caught my eye. Then Isa introduced me to cooking that is delicious, fun, and compassionate. What else could you want?

You can find many of the recipes on the Post Punk Kitchen site, or elsewhere on the web such as this Corn Chowder . It's full of hearty corn, carrots, and potatoes, and seasoned nicely with thyme, rosemary, and a little maple syrup at the end. MD wanted a batch put up in the freezer for when he returns from a trip 'cause he didn't want to miss out on the vegan deliciousness! Done, honey.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks so hearty! With a loaf of fresh whole-wheat bread, that chowder wouldn't even last a couple hours in my household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad about Udon, thanks! Mmm...you make think how good this would be in a bread bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting, Lisa! I am new in the cooks' blogosphere, have been browsing around and stumbled upon your blog. Nice look and feel, and definitely an interesting read..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that would be great in a bread bowl! It looks so very hearty and such beautiful colors.

    I always thought chowders couldn't be frozen. You had no problems with that? or maybe it's just milk based chowders that can't be frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shreya, thank you and welcome to food blogging!

    Chow Vegan, I haven't heard that about chowders! I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chowder is so good, and it would be even better in a bread bowl. Yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa! That'll be great if I can make a big batch and not worry about eating all of it. Looking forward to hearing how your chowder fared in the deep freeze. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A follow up on the freezing question. We had it today, and freezing caused no discernible difference in taste or texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You soup looks delicious! I think i'll try it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails