Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gin Thursday, No. 3



Would you imbibe this beverage with George Clooney? Wikipedia says that Danny DeVito showed up on The View a while back still intoxicated after a night of indulging in limoncello with his buddy George. While I don't know how George and Danny prefer their limoncello, I do think they might like this version.

This little cocktail is a charmer. Sunny and frosty, with citrus slices reminiscent of a quaint glass of lemonade. Then you take a sip and realize this is one kickin' drink. My version is adapted from a recipe on Food and Wine. Sorry Pegu, I have a new favorite Gin Thursday drink.

Limoncello Collins

1 1/2 ounces limoncello
2 ounces gin
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
3 paper thin lemon slices
1 1/2 ounces chilled club soda
ice

Press lemon slices against side of glass and fill with ice.
Shake limoncello, gin, and lemon juice in cocktail shaker until chilled. Pour into glass. Top with club soda and stir.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Gin Thursday, it's so fun!

    That drink sounds like it would be really good. Too bad that I fall asleep after about half a beer, and don't get me started on shots, I could take one shot and fall asleep in a noisy bar. Not sure, but alcohol doesn't sit well with my body. :-(

    But I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer! It's been fun to try some new cocktail recipes, but my favorites are the classics.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails