Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cantina Potato Salad

This spicy, addictive potato salad would be perfect alongside a BBQ pulled pork sandwich for Memorial Day weekend. Adapted from a recipe given to me by a friend, this version is dubbed Cantina Potato Salad due to the Mexican flavors and because I was listening to Lila Downs while cooking. Combine Lila, potatoes, and BBQ, and you've got yourself a party.

Cantina Potato Salad
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
juice from 1/2 lime
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced
2 scallions, diced
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 pounds red potatoes, chopped, cooked, and drained

With a spatula, combine vegenaise and Dijon with other ingredients except potatoes. Mix the dressing well. Pour over cooked potatoes. Check for seasoning.

7 comments:

  1. I love potato salad! (ok, I love potatoes in everything). Thanks for another recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this looks like such an awesome potato salad - and cilantro + chipotle sounds like such a glorious combination! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, potatoes are one of my favorites too! What's not to love?

    Jessy, this is my favorite way to have potato salad. I'll admit that it's not even 10am and I've already had a serving today. Irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds absolutely amazing. It sounds like an excellent dish to take to a potluck.

    Mmmm, I'm going to post this comment and go back and look at it again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love potato salad! Every bite tastes like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jennifer!

    Bianca, I associate potato salad with a great summer meal too. Mmm...BBQ beans on the side would be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails