Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tofu 'Tinis

Jess of Get Sconed! inspired me to play with tofu shapes after seeing her Heart of Tofu. I used my martini cookie cutter to make crispy tofu 'tinis. Serve with spicy barbecue dipping sauce in a cocktail glass. A mustard or peanut sauce would taste great too. Thanks for the idea Jess, these were fun to make!

Tofu 'Tinis
2 blocks extra-firm tofu, sliced through the middle and pressed
panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper
olive oil
sauce of your choice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly coat a cookie sheet with olive oil.
Pour some panko bread crumbs, salt, and pepper onto a plate and combine.
Cut pressed tofu into martini shapes. I got 12 tofu cocktails out of my batch, then I cubed the remaining tofu and prepared it the same way as the 'tinis.
Brush tofu shapes with olive oil. Dip shapes into crumb mixture and place on cookie sheet.
Bake about 35 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.

8 comments:

  1. Cuuuute! And I love the sauce in the martini glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. What a clever appetizer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute. The sauce in the glass makes it even better. Your presentation and photography is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are stinkin' adorable! so easy, too! I've never baked tofu before. I love tofu, so I'm gonna have to try this. The only cookie cutter I have is a heart, though. I use it to make butt-shaped cookies. I guess now I'll make tofu tushies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are divine! Now you're inspiring me in turn to pull my panko out of the freezer : )

    Oh, and the bbq sauce in the martini glass is awesome. I've served stir fries and pudding and whatnot in those glasses, but a dip? rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bek- thanks! I originally tried a soy "cream" sauce that didn't work out, so BBQ sauce was my backup.

    Nupur- these are fun to eat too. I'm pretty new to tofu but am loving it!

    Bee Roach- these are super easy too!

    Thanks Jennifer! The food "staging" is part of the fun.

    Iron Stef- this was my first time at baking tofu and I couldn't stop eating it. You can add spices to the bread crumb mix too. You so have to make tofu tushies...

    Jess- I'm a sucker for cocktail toys, including various martini glasses so I have to figure out a way to put them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely lovely! i could eat several of those right now with a gin martini!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails