Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gin Thursday, No. 1




There I was minding my own business, reading Serious Eats. Before I knew it, this led to the LA Times on gin cocktails making a comeback. You could have knocked me over with a juniper berry. A few of us like our cocktails classic and not sweet, but we seem to be in the minority. (A , D, & J, you know who you are.)

The plot thickened as I sought a recipe for the Pegu cocktail. Not only did I find one, but a whole list of gin cocktails.

Hence, the first in a series on Gin Thursday. Thursday so you can stock up any missing ingredients by Friday, of course.

This cocktail is sophisticated, citrusy, and tart. A great combination with Bombay Sapphire. Put on your Gotan Project cd and mix one up. Ahhh.

The Pegu:

1 1/2 ounces gin

1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec

3/4 ounce fresh lime juice

a dash of Angostura bitters

Shake in cocktail shaker with ice until your hands start sticking to the shaker. Strain into chilled up glass.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm...I love gin. Looking forward to these Gin Thursdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gin is one of my favorites too, Stef. I'd like to try some of the other specialty gins, but so far Sapphire is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails