Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Creamy Spicy Seitan with Coconut Quinoa

A friend at work was talking with me about quinoa. Cool, huh? And, no, I don't work at Local Harvest, although you might think so as much time as I spend there.


My favorite thing about quinoa is that it's fun to say. KEEN-wah. Of course, there are more practical reasons to appreciate it as well.


So I wanted to use both quinoa and some White Wave "chicken" seitan in a recipe, and sure enough, Vegan Dad had the answer. His recipe is aptly named. It has wonderful coconut cream, spicy ginger, curry powder, plus cloves and allspice. Delicious KEEN-wah.

I've also been using a fresh ginger trick from Lynne Rossetto Kasper. My fresh ginger gets moldy before I can use it, so this is a great solution. Peel your fresh ginger by scraping with a spoon. Then slice into thin disks. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze. Transfer disks to a container and freeze. Use as needed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog!

    Kelly, a fellow St. Louis food blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly and nice to meet you! I can't believe how large and diverse the local food blogging community is- very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails